Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools


Complaint Arrow Questions or Comments:
You are here: Home / Permits, Registrations, and Reporting / Air Permits / Guidance / NSR / Turbines / Types of Authorization for Turbines

Types of Authorization for Turbines

Tells how to apply for a flexible or construction permit that covers turbines if not covered by a PBR or under the de minimis rule.

The following list of permit authorizations is arranged in order of the time and effort required to obtain authorization.

  • Permits by Rule (PBRs) for Turbines. These links will take you to the specific PBR that may apply to your facility. Review the general information for qualifying and applying for a PBR. Contact air permitting staff regarding partial permitting policies.

    • Title 30, Texas Administrative Code, Section 106.511- Portable and Emergency Engines and Turbines
    • Section 106.512 - Stationary Engines and Turbines
    • Note: 106.512 can not be used for electronic generators, use Standard Permit.
  • Standard Permit for Electric Generating Units. Certain engines used for the generation of electricity must use this standard permit instead of the PBR.
  • Construction Permit Exit the TCEQ - If you cannot qualify for another type of permit authorization, you must apply for a case-by-case construction permit under 30 TAC Chapter 116.

Questions? We Can Help

If you have questions regarding this guidance please contact us.