Meteorological Data for Air Dispersion Modeling
Compressed (zipped) ASCII files of data sets to be used when air dispersion modeling is required for an air permit application, modification, or other permit action.
Meteorological Data Sets for AERMOD
- AERMOD Meteorological Data Sets by County - New zip files containing one-year and five-year meteorological data sets for each county for use with AERMOD.
- Technical Basis for AERMOD Meteorological Data Sets - Information on the development of the meteorological data sets.
- County Meteorological Station Information – Surface and upper-air station information for each county.
- AERMET Meteorological Zip Files Explanation – Information on the file naming convention for the zip files.
Raw Meteorological Data
Links to the raw meteorological data used to develop the meteorological data sets.
- Automated Surface Observation Stations (ASOS) Wind Data – one minute ASOS wind data is available from the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC).
- Integrated Surface Hourly Database (ISD) Data - ISD data is available from the NCDC.
- Radiosonde Data – Upper-air station data is available from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL) Radiosonde Database.
Meteorological Data Sets for ISCST3 and ISC-PRIME
- ISCST3/ISC PRIME Meteorological Data Sets by County - Data sets that are listed by county, showing meteorological conditions.