Meteorological Data for Air Dispersion Modeling
Meteorological Data Sets for AERMOD
- AERMOD Meteorological Data Sets by County - New zip files containing one-year and five-year meteorological data sets for each county for use with AERMOD.
- Technical Basis for AERMOD Meteorological Data Sets - Information on the development of the meteorological data sets.
- County Meteorological Station Information – Surface and upper-air station information for each county.
- AERMET Meteorological Zip Files Explanation – Information on the file naming convention for the zip files.
Raw Meteorological Data
Links to the raw meteorological data used to develop the meteorological data sets.
- Automated Surface Observation Stations (ASOS) Wind Data – one minute ASOS wind data is available from the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC).
- Integrated Surface Hourly Database (ISD) Data - ISD data is available from the NCDC.
- Radiosonde Data – Upper-air station data is available from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL) Radiosonde Database.
Meteorological Data Sets for ISCST3 and ISC-PRIME
- ISCST3/ISC PRIME Meteorological Data Sets by County - Data sets that are listed by county, showing meteorological conditions.