Air Quality Standard Permit for Grain Elevator/Grain Handling Operations and Portable Grain Augers
The Air Quality Standard Permit for Grain Elevator/Grain Handling Operations and Portable Grain Augers is authorized under the Texas Health and Safety Code Section 382.05195, which authorizes the commission to issue this standard permit for many similar facilities.
To determine whether your facility qualifies for this standard permit, first consider this quick screen:
- A grain elevator/grain handling operation does not qualify for this standard permit if it is a grain terminal elevator that has a permanent grain storage capacity of more than 2.5 million bushels.
- A grain elevator/grain handling operation does not qualify for this standard permit if any on-site associated fuel-fired equipment (including, but not limited to, dryers and burners) has an individual or combined heating rate of ten million Btu/hr or greater.
- The grain elevator/grain handling operation or portable grain auger(s) must not be a new major stationary source or major modification as defined by Title 30 Texas Administrative Code (30 TAC) Section 116.12, Nonattainment and Prevention of Significant Deterioration Review Definitions.
- The grain elevator/grain handling operation or portable grain auger(s) must not be located at a major stationary source.
If the grain elevator/grain handling operation or portable grain auger(s) cannot meet the conditions of this standard permit, you may qualify for other permitting options. To review your options, see Types of New Source Review Authorizations.
If your facility complies with the above screening criteria:
- Review the standard permit in PDF considering your proposed claim for further restrictions and limitations.
- If your facility complies with all requirements of the standard permit, you may claim this standard permit.
To Claim This Standard Permit:
There are no registration or notification requirements for this standard permit. Owners or operators who claim this standard permit are required to maintain records as specified in 30 TAC Section 116.615(8) and in the standard permit to document compliance with the standard permit.
- Complete Standard Permit Issuance Package For Effective Date April 7, 2010
Tech Summary, Standard Permit. (Help with PDF)
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions about this or any other standard permit, contact us.