Air Quality Standard Permit for Boilers
The Air Quality Standard Permit for Boilers is authorized under the Texas Health and Safety Code Section 382.05195, which authorizes the commission to issue this standard permit for many similar facilities.
The Boiler should have an input greater than 40 MMBTU with natural gas or fuel gas as the primary fuel to me the Boiler Standard Permit.
If your boiler cannot meet the conditions of this standard permit, you may qualify for other permitting options or a Permit by Rule. To review your options, see Types of New Source Review Authorizations.
If your facility complies with the above screening criteria:
- Review the standard permit (PDF) considering your proposed application for further restrictions and limitations.
- If your facility complies, you may claim this standard permit.
To Claim This Standard Permit
- Complete the Boiler Standard Permit Checklist, available in PDF and DOC.
- Complete the Form PI-1S (PDF).
- Pay a registration fee (PDF).
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions about this or any other Standard Permit, contact us.