>> Questions or Comments: wqap@tceq.texas.gov
You are here:

Stormwater Discharges from Construction Activities: Am I Regulated?

Determine whether the Construction General Permit (CGP) for discharges from construction activities, TXR150000, applies to a project and, if so, at what level. Links to pages that explain each level of coverage.

Hot Topic Renewal of the TCEQ Stormwater Construction General Permit (TXR150000)

Updated InformationThe 2013 Construction General Permit (CGP) TXR150000, for construction activities will expire on March 5, 2018.

The Proposed Permit, Fact sheet, and Executive Director ’s Response to Comments (RTCs) are now available for viewing on the Commissioners Agenda webpage. To access these agenda backup documents, open the 02-07-2018 agenda located at: https://www.tceq.texas.gov/agency/agendas/comm/comm_agendas.html.

PLEASE NOTE: Permittees with current (active) authorizations should not attempt to renew their authorization before the new CGP has been issued and made effective on March 5, 2018.

The NOI-Renewal application will not be available in ePermits until March 5, 2018 8:00 AM CST. The 90-day renewal period starts on this date. The NOI-Renewal application will need to be submitted to renew existing active authorizations, if coverage is needed.

Construction General Permit (CGP)

Under the existing CGP TXR150000Adobe Acrobat PDF Document , issued March 5, 2013, construction activities from which runoff goes into or adjacent to any surface water in the state are regulated according to the area of land disturbed. (Help with PDF.)

Oil and Gas Activities

The TPDES CGP does not authorize discharges from construction activities associated with the exploration, development, or production of oil or gas or geothermal resources, including construction associated with the transportation of crude oil or natural gas by pipeline. These discharges are not under the authority of the TCEQ. If coverage is required, operators of these construction activities may need to obtain permit coverage from the U.S. EPAExit the TCEQ and the Texas Railroad CommissionExit the TCEQ.

Contact us if you have questions.