Applying for the Brownfields Assessment Program
Who IS eligible?
- Local Governments
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Regional Councils of Governments
- Redevelopment Agencies (quasi-governmental bodies)
Who’s NOT eligible?
- Potentially Liable or Responsible Parties
- Private Owners
For questions about eligibility for federal properties please see the "Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act" section on the Environmental Protection Agency's Laws & Statutes web page or contact the Brownfields Program.
Statute and Rule
- Federal statutes relating to Brownfields
- Texas Risk Reduction Program Rules (TRRP) that govern the cleanup of most remediation sites in Texas.
- Underground and Aboveground Storage Tank Rules that govern the cleanup of releases from petroleum storage tanks.
Application, Forms, Instructions and Guidance
- Instructions, Guidance and Application (TCEQ-10076) (Revised 2009)
- Instructions for the Core Data Form (TCEQ-10400 Instructions) (Revised 2015)
Central Registry Core Data Form (TCEQ-10400) (Revised 2015)
- Correspondence ID Form Instructions (TCEQ 20428 Instructions)
- Correspondence ID Form (TCEQ 20428) This form must be affixed as a cover page to accompany any correspondence submitted to all Remediation Division cleanup programs.