Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools


Complaint Arrow Questions or Comments:
You are here: Home / Remediation / PST Responsible Party Remediation / Find Contractors to Install or Remove Underground Storage Tanks

Find Contractors to Install or Remove Underground Storage Tanks

How to use the "Search Licensing or Registration Information" Web page to find contractors who are registered to install, repair, maintain, or remove petroleum storage tanks.

A Registered UST contractor is a company that has registered with the TCEQ to perform the installation, repair, modification, maintenance, and removal of UST systems. Our Compliance Support Division maintains a Web page that allows you to search for registered UST contractors. Here is how to use that Web page:

  1. Click “Group Search Criteria.”
  2. Ignore the dropdown box labeled “Program.”
  3. Under “Type and Level,” select “UST Contractor.”
  4. If you want to find only those contractors who are near your facility, use the “City,” “County,” or “TCEQ Region” dropdown box to focus on that geographic area. (ZIP code searches are not particularly helpful. They work only if you enter all five digits, and they give you a list of businesses whose address is in that ZIP code.)
  5. Leave the other dropdown boxes in the search form alone.
  6. At the bottom of the form, click “Search.”

If you’re ready, search now.

Required use of SW-846 Method 5035

New Information

Beginning January 1, 2016, the TCEQ Remediation Division will require the use of United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) SW846 Method 5035A, Purge-and-Trap and Extraction for Volatile Organics in Soil and Waste Samples, as amended, for the collection and preparation of solid samples for volatile organic compound (VOC) analysis using purge-and-trap technology.

The TCEQ Remediation Division guidance on Method 5035 has been updated and is available.