Surface Water Quality Standards Advisory Work Group
- 2018 Revision
- About the Work Group
- Participating in the SWQSAWG
- Upcoming Meeting Announcements
- Recent SWQSAWG Meeting Agendas, Summaries, Presentations, and Handouts, and Additional Information
- Documents from SWQSAWG Meetings Associated With Previous Revision Cycles
- Staff Contacts
For information on how to submit comments on the 2018 revision of the Texas Surface Water Quality Standards, please visit the Revising the Texas Surface Water Quality Standards webpage
About the Work Group
The Surface Water Quality Standards Advisory Work Group (SWQSAWG) provides guidance on options available for revising the Texas Surface Water Quality Standards (30 TAC Chapter 307) and the Procedures to Implement the Texas Surface Water Quality Standards, RG-194 (Implementation Standards).
The work group’s guidance was sought on various topics, including nutrient criteria development and application, changes to toxic criteria per EPA criteria updates, implementation of EPA’s guidance on recreational indicators and uses, and site-specific criteria changes to classified and unclassified water bodies.
Participating in the SWQSAWG
The members of the SWQSAWG were selected so that the group was balanced, as required under Section 5.107 of the Texas Water Code. The meetings were open to the public, and anyone interested in changes to the Texas Surface Water Quality Standards was welcome to attend.
The Work Group had representatives from water associations, agricultural industry, engineering firms, environmental organizations, consumer groups, and government organizations.
To receive e-mails regarding the SWQSAWG, please join our list service. Click to subscribe
Upcoming Meeting Announcements
There are no upcoming meetings scheduled at this time. For more information regarding the draft timeline for the 2018 revision of the Standards, please visit the Revising the Texas Surface Water Quality Standards page.
Recent SWQSAWG Meeting Agendas, Summaries, Presentations, Handouts, and Additional Information
March 31, 2016
- Additional Information
January 25, 2016
- Texas Surface Water Quality Standards Update
- Revisions to the Procedures to Implement the TSWQS
- Update on Whole Effluent Toxicity and Reasonable Potential Determination
- Revisions to the Federal Water Quality Standards Rule
- EPA 2015 Human Health Criteria Update
- Nutrient Criteria Update
- WQS Federal Rule Revision
- EPA Fact Sheet – WQS Regulatory Revisions
- Recommendations for Recreational Use Changes
- Appendix D – Site Specific Uses and Criteria Changes
- Table 1: Changes to Toxic Criteria
- Table 2: Changes to Human Health Numeric Criteria
- Additional Information
Documents from SWQSAWG Meetings Associated With Previous Revision Cycles
Please see records of previous meetings on the SWQSAWG Documents and Handouts page.
For further information on the Standards, please contact Ms. Debbie Miller, Water Quality Planning Division, at (512) 239-1703. For further information on the Implementation Procedures, please contact Mr.Peter Schaefer, Water Quality Division, at (512) 239-4372.
If you have any questions concerning the workgroup or need special accommodations at a meeting, please contact Ms. Miller.