TCEQ Compact with Texans
Who We Are
The TCEQ is the environmental agency for the state of Texas. Our 16 regional offices, watermaster offices, laboratory, and other programs exist to provide service to all areas of the state in order to protect our water, air, and land resources.
The TCEQ strives to protect our state's public health and natural resources consistent with sustainable economic development. Our goal is clean air, clean water, and the safe management of waste.
Customer Service Standards
We work to ensure meaningful public participation in our processes. To accomplish this, we pledge and commit to the following:
- Responding to all customers in a timely, efficient, and professional manner, in compliance with all applicable state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Providing clear, concise, and accurate information related to all applicable licensing and certification procedures via written materials and our official website.
- Establishing channels for public input that will contain comprehensive information related to public participation for all aspects of our operations, including, but not limited to, permitting, rulemaking, compliance, and customer service contacts.
- Tracking and responding to customer service complaints in a timely manner.
- Providing safe, clean, and accessible facilities across the state.
Customer Satisfaction Survey
We strive to provide quality customer service and welcome feedback on your experiences with the agency and how we can improve. Please take a moment to complete our online Customer Satisfaction Survey to assist us in improving our service to you now and in the future.
TCEQ Main Switchboard: 512-239-1000
Please note that calls into toll-free numbers cannot be transferred to other areas of the agency:
- Small Business and Local Government Assistance: 800-447-2827
Hotline for local governments and small businesses to obtain information, advice, and confidential assistance on how to comply with environmental regulations.
- Water Utilities Consumer Assistance: 512-239-6100
For complaints or questions about your water service. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fraud Reporting Hotline: 877-901-0700
For use by the public to report allegations of fraud, waste, or abuse related to TCEQ operations.
- Environmental Complaints: 888-777-3186
Texas residents can use this line to report environmental complaints. Calls will be routed automatically to the closest TCEQ regional office. We are available 24 hours every day to receive complaints under our jurisdiction.
- Public Participation in Permitting: 800-687-4040
For questions from the public about the permitting process and the status of pending permit applications.
- Smoking Vehicle Reporting Line: 800-453-7664
For use by the public to report smoking vehicles.
Please visit Contact Us for additional phone numbers and other ways you can reach us.
Customer Service Complaints
Do you have a complaint about the customer service provided to you by our agency? Please contact us:
Toll-free Hotline: 855-685-8237