Discrete Emission Credit Program
The Discrete Emission Credit program allows participants to generate credits by creating temporary (i.e., discrete) emission reductions from stationary, area, and mobile sources. Reductions generated from stationary and area sources are known as Discrete Emission Reduction Credits (DERC) while reductions from mobile sources are known as Mobile DERCs (MDERC). This program encourages emission reductions and provides participants flexibility in complying with various federal and state air regulations. Participation is completely voluntary.
Program rules are listed under 30 TAC Chapter 101, Subchapter H, Division 4.
- Credit and Allowance Registry
Search for sites, companies, projects, portfolios, certificates, etc.
- Credit and Allowance Exchange
Current listing of requests to buy and sell credits and allowances.
- Available Discrete Emission Credits
DERCs and MDERCs currently available in the registry.
- Form DEC-1 (Notice of Generation and Generator Certification of Discrete Emission Credits)
Submit within 90 days after the end of the generation period.
- Form DEC-2 (Notice of Intent to Use Discrete Emission Credits)
Submit by August 1 prior to the year of use in the Dallas/Fort Worth nonattainment area (DFW), 45 or 90 days prior to the first day use (dependent upon credit type) in areas other than DFW. For compliance with the Mass Emission Cap and Trade (MECT) Program, submit by October 1 in the control period of use.
- Form DEC-3 (Notice of Use of Discrete Emission Credits)
Submit within 90 days after each use period. For compliance with the MECT Program, submit by March 31 after the control period of use.
- Form DEC-4 (Application for Transfer of Discrete Emission Credits)
Submit to execute transfer.
Audits and Summary Reports
- 2013 DFW DERC Flow Control Limit Report
Establishes the limit, in tons per day, of DERCs that may be used in DFW for a given year.
- DERC Flow Control Supplement
Outlines the 2012-2013 mobile source on-road fleet turnover reductions for DFW.
- Discrete Emission Credit Generation Report
Includes the generator of the credits, amount generated, area of generation, pollutant type, and associated project number.
- Discrete Emission Credit Use Report
Includes the user of the credits, amount used, area of use, pollutant type, and associated project number.
- Discrete Emission Credit Trade Report
List of recent discrete emission credit transfers.