Emission Credit Program
The Emission Credit program allows participants to generate credits by creating permanent emission reductions from stationary, area, and mobile sources in nonattainment areas. Reductions generated from stationary and area sources are known as Emission Reduction Credits (ERC) while reductions from mobile sources are known as Mobile ERCs (MERC). This program encourages emission reductions and provides participants flexibility in complying with various federal and state air regulations. Participation is completely voluntary.
Program rules are listed under 30 TAC Chapter 101, Subchapter H, Division 1.
- Credit and Allowance Registry
Search for sites, companies, projects, portfolios, certificates, etc.
- Credit and Allowance Exchange
Current listing of requests to buy and sell credits and allowances.
- Available Emission Credits
ERCs and MERCs currently available in the registry.
- Form EC-1 (Application for Certification of Emission Credits)
Submit within 180 days of the implementation of the emission reduction strategy.
- Form EC-2 (Re-Review of Emission Credits)
Submit to determine if credits have devalued or expired.
- Form EC-3 (Notice of Intent to Use Emission Credits)
Submit prior to construction or modification of a facility for use as offsets, or at least 90 days prior to use for compliance with Chapters 114, 115, or 117.
- Form EC-4 (Application for Transfer of Emission Credits)
Submit to execute transfer.
- Allowance and ERC Guidance
Guidance for the certification of permanent emission reductions from sources subject to a cap-and-trade program.
- ERC Guidance (Draft)
Guidance on the generation, review, transfer, and use of ERCs.
Audits and Summary Reports
- Emission Credit Generation Report
Includes the generator of the credits, amount generated, area of generation, pollutant type, credit expiration date, and associated project number.
- Emission Credit Use Report
Includes the user of the credits, amount used, area of use, pollutant type, and associated project number.
- Emission Credit Trade Report
List of recent emission credit transfers.