Point Source Air Emissions and Air Inspection Fees
Questions? Contact the Fee Program Staff
If you have any questions pertaining to the applicability of either rule or how the fees are assessed, please give us a call. To determine the Fee Program staffer assigned to your affected account, please refer to the table below. Send e-mail inquiries to email@example.com, to the attention of the relevant staffer or call (512) 239-1459.
|Fee Program Contacts
|First Letter or Number of the Company Name||Contact Person|
|0–9, B, and D–I||Darron Blackburn|
|A, and J–R||Evelyn Gutierrez|
|C, and S–Z||Mark Chambers|
Important Dates to Remember
- April 1: Fee Basis Forms are mailed to those sites that may be applicable to either the emissions fee or inspection fee.
- June 1: The TCEQ must receive your completed fee basis form by June 1 or 60 days from the date of the notification letter.
- September: By mid-September, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics releases the average Consumer Price Index (CPI) for August. The 12 month average CPI (September-August) is used in the calculation of both the emissions and inspection fees. As a result, the fee rates for emissions and inspection fees are not available until the late September time frame.
- October: By late October, invoices for the air emissions and inspection fees are mailed and are dated October 31
- November: By November 30, invoices must be paid in full to avoid any late fees.
- The Air Emissions Fee is based on the tons of pollution emitted during the last full calendar year. The authority to collect this fee is granted under Texas Health and Safety Code Section 382.0621 and the administration of this fee is described in Title 30, Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Section 101.27 The emissions fee is collected to cover the direct and indirect costs of operating the Title IV and V programs related to the Federal Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990.
- The Air Inspection fee is based on the Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code at an affected regulated entity. The authority to collect this fee is granted under Texas Health and Safety Code Section 382.062 , and the administration of the fee is described in 30 TAC 101.24 The inspection fee is collected to recover the costs of the TCEQ air programs.
- A site that is applicable to either fee must report a complete fee basis form on an annual basis
You are required to complete and submit the Fee Basis Form if:
- The site in question is required to obtain/possess a Title V Permit.
- The site in question operates under one of the applicable SIC Codes
- ** If your site receives a fee basis packet and neither fee is applicable, note the reasons for inapplicability on the fee basis form and mail to the address listed.
Current Fee Rates
- The air emissions fees and the air inspection fees are annually adjusted to account for the change in the Consumer Price Index as published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics in the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Fee amounts for both programs are updated mid-September of every year. Select one of the following fee links to view the current rates.