Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools


Complaint Arrow Questions or Comments:
You are here: Home / Permits, Registrations, and Reporting / Air Permits / PermitByRule / Subchapter I / Air PBR 106.226: Paints, Varnishes, Ink, and Other Coating Manufacturing

Air PBR 106.226: Paints, Varnishes, Ink, and Other Coating Manufacturing

Coating manufacturing operations including raw material storage, weighing, mixing, milling, grinding, thinning, and packaging are permitted by rule if they meet the conditions stated in 30 TAC Sections 106.4 and 106.226. No registration or fee is required. Record-keeping requirements are discussed.

Note: The Office of the Secretary of State has moved their content to a new server. Please use this link to access Texas Administrative Code Title 30 until TCEQ is able to update the linked content.

Coating manufacturing operations that meet the conditions stated in Title 30, Texas Administrative Code (30 TAC), Section 106.226, Exit the TCEQ are permitted by rule. To qualify for this permit by rule (PBR), your facility must also meet the general conditions stated in 30 TAC Section 106.4. Exit the TCEQ

To find out whether your facility meets the general conditions stated in Section 106.4, complete our PBR Applicability Checklist, TCEQ Form - 10149.

If your facility cannot comply with the conditions indicated in these checklists, see Types of New Source Review Authorizations for other options.


This PBR does not require you to register or pay a fee.

Record Keeping

Under 30 TAC Section 106.8, Exit the TCEQ your records must identify the rules under which your facility is operating and demonstrate compliance. Under this PBR, you must keep at least these records for a rolling 24-month period:

  • a copy of Section 106.4 Exit the TCEQ
  • a copy of Section 106.226 Exit the TCEQ
  • monthly usage of all liquid and solid material
  • any other records necessary to demonstrate compliance with the conditions of this PBR

These records must be kept on site and readily available on request for inspection by the TCEQ or any air pollution control program that has jurisdiction. If you have questions about the type of records you should keep, contact the Air Program in the TCEQ regional office that serves your county.

Questions? We Can Help

If you have questions about this or any other PBR, contact us:
phone: 512/239-1250