Municipal Liquid Waste Transfer
Anyone who plans to operate a municipal liquid waste transfer facility must obtain an authorization from the TCEQ. A municipal liquid waste transfer facility is a municipal solid waste (MSW) Type V processing facility that is used only in the transfer of grease trap waste, grit trap waste, septage, or other similar liquid waste. Except for temporary storage, facilities that will receive 32,000 gallons per day or less must obtain a registration under Title 30 Texas Administrative Code (30 TAC), Chapter 330, Section (§)330.9(o) . Facilities that will receive more than 32,000 gallons per day must apply for a permit under §330.7 .
A temporary storage facility that stores 8,000 gallons or less for a period of four days or less in containers must notify in accordance with 30 TAC §330.11(e)(5). Such a facility is not required to follow the requirements of Chapter 330, Subchapter E
Applying for an Authorization
To apply for a registration or permit for a municipal liquid waste transfer facility:
- Follow the permit and registration application procedures in 30 TAC §§330.57-330.73 .
- Complete the Permit Part I Application (Form TCEQ-0650)
- Form TCEQ-0650
- Complete the TCEQ Core Data Form (Form TCEQ-10400).
- Using the outline for preparing closure cost estimate for financial assurance, determine and obtain the appropriate amount of financial assurance required by 30 TAC §330.505 .
- Submit your completed Part I form, Core Data Form, proof of financial assurance, and the application materials required by 30 TAC §§330.57-65 to the TCEQ.
For More Information
Contact us if you have questions about municipal liquid waste transfer.