Municipal Liquid Waste Transfer
Transfer Volume and Type of Authorization Required
Receive More than 32,000 Gallons Per Day
If your facility will receive more than 32,000 gallons per day, you must obtain a permit from the TCEQ under Title 30 Texas Administrative Code (30 TAC), Section 330.7 .
Receive 32,000 Gallons Per Day or Less
If your facility will receive 32,000 gallons per day or less, you must obtain a registration from the TCEQ under 30 TAC 330.9(o) .
If your facility is a temporary storage facility that will store 8,000 gallons or less in containers, for a period of four days or less, you must notify the TCEQ in accordance with 30 TAC 330.11(e)(5). Such a facility is not required to follow the requirements of 30 TAC Chapter 330, Subchapter E.
Application Forms and Information
To apply for a registration or permit for a municipal liquid waste transfer facility:
- Follow the permit and registration application procedures in 30 TAC 330.57 through 330.73
- Review administrative and technical review checklists
- Complete the Part I Application Form
- Complete the TCEQ Core Data Form
- Using the outline for preparing closure cost estimate for financial assurance, determine and obtain the appropriate amount of financial assurance required by 30 TAC 330.505
- Complete a Correspondence Cover Sheet (form TCEQ-20714)
- Submit your completed Correspondence Cover Sheet, Part I form, Core Data Form, proof of financial assurance, and the application materials required by 30 TAC 330.57 through 65 to the TCEQ at the address on the application form
- Review air quality requirements and obtain any required authorizations
Contact us if you have questions about municipal liquid waste transfer.