General Permit Requirements to Discharge Water from a Concrete Production Facility
Before discharging from a concrete production facility:
- Read the general permit (TXG110000) to make sure it applies to your discharge.
- If the general permit does not apply, you may need to obtain an individual permit.
- If the general permit does apply, continue with Step 2.
- Review your facility's compliance history ranking.
- If your facility has a ranking of "high," "satisfactory," or "inadequate information" continue to Step 3.
- If the ranking is "unsatisfactory," your facility is not eligible for coverage under a general permit. You must apply for an individual permit instead.
- Submit a notification package, which includes:
Discharging to a Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System?
If you are discharging to an MS4 submit a copy of the NOI, NOC, and/or NOT to the TCEQ and provide copies to the operator of the system.
Provisional coverage under this general permit begins 48 hours after the postmarked date of the NOI.
After review, we will send you one of the following:
- Acknowledgment Letter; if everything is acceptable to authorize your coverage.
- A Notice of Deficiency; if information is incomplete or missing, we will send you a letter requesting the needed information. You will have 30 days to respond to this request.
- A Denial Letter; if the coverage has been denied.
Complying With Your Permit
After obtaining coverage:
- Adhere to the requirements of the permit TXG110000 .
- Complete and submit the Discharge Monitoring Report Form (3320-1), as required.
- Submit a Notice of Change (NOC) if you failed to submit any relevant facts, submitted incorrect information in an NOI or if any previously submitted information has changed.
- Submit a Notice of Termination (NOT) when all discharges authorized by the permit are eliminated, completed, or if the operator or owner changes.
Coverage continues to be active until a NOT is submitted. Annual water quality fees of $500 will accrue on September 1st of each year that the permit is active.
Contact us if you have questions.