Environmental Flows Rules
The commission by rule shall:
- adopt appropriate environmental flow standards for each river basin and bay system in this state that are adequate to support a sound ecological environment, to the maximum extent reasonable considering other public interests and other relevant factors;
- establish an amount of unappropriated water, if available, to be set aside to satisfy the environmental flow standards to the maximum extent reasonable when considering human water needs; and
- establish procedures for implementing an adjustment of the conditions included in a permit or an amended water right as provided by Sections 11.147(e-1) and (e-2).
For more information on Environmental Flow Rules and Rulemaking, please contact the Water Availability Division at (512) 239-4691, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Adopted Environmental Flow Rules* (in PDF)
- General Provisions - [Title 30, Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Subsection 298(A)]
- Trinity and San Jacinto Rivers, and Galveston Bay - [30 TAC, 298(B)]
- Sabine and Neches Rivers, and Sabine Lake Bay - [30 TAC, 298(C)]
- Colorado and Lavaca Rivers, and Matagorda and Lavaca Bays - [30 TAC, 298(D)
- Guadalupe, San Antonio, Mission, and Aransas Rivers, and Mission, Copano, Aransas, and San Antonio Bays - [30 TAC, 298 (E)]
- Nueces River and Corpus Christi and Baffin Bays - [30 TAC, 298(F)]
- Brazos River and its Associated Bay and Estuary System - [30 TAC, 298(G)]
- Rio Grande, Rio Grande Estuary, and Lower Laguna Madre - [30 TAC, 299(H)]
*The rules the TCEQ makes available on this site as a public service are not a substitute for the official rules as approved and filed with the Office of the Secretary of State. See full disclaimer. The TCEQ assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on this site. Official copies of TCEQ rules may be obtained by emailing email@example.com.