Trinity River Basin Recreational Use Attainability Analysis
Status: In Progress
|Basin||Trinity River Basin|
|Segment Names and Numbers||Sycamore Creek, 0806E; West Fork Trinity River Below Bridgeport Reservoir, 0810; Big Sandy Creek, 0810A; Garrett Creek, 0810B; Martin Branch, 0810C; Salt Creek, 0810D; Cottonwood Branch, 0822A; Grapevine Creek, 0822B; Walnut Creek, 0838C; Copart Branch Mountain Creek, 0841E; Cottonwood Creek, 0841F; Dalworth Creek, 0841G; Delaware Creek, 0841H; Estelle Creek, 0841J; Fish Creek, 0841K; Kirby Creek, 0841N; and West Irving Creek, 0841U|
|Counties||Dallas, Ellis, Henderson, Tarrant, and Wise|
|Recreational-Survey Report||Preliminary report of field observations and surveys will be posted to the Web when completed.|
|Public Review of Recreational-Survey Report||The TCEQ has completed a report of its Recreational Use Attainability Analysis (RUAA) for the West Fork Trinity, Big Sandy Creek, Garrett Creek, Martin Branch Creek, and Salt Creek and the TCEQ is now soliciting public comment to assist us in making a recommendation. The TCEQ has not yet made any recommendations on the recreational use. Public input is very important and will ensure we have local knowledge and the most accurate information to identify the appropriate recreational use of the water body. During this period, the public has the opportunity to read the report* and provide any additional information about recreational activities that occur in the water body. Once the comment period closes, TCEQ will use the comments to make the most informed recommendation for the recreational use category and criteria to be included in the Texas Surface Water Quality Standards. The TCEQ will not issue a formal response to the comments at this stage. There will be another comment period after the recommendation on recreational use has been published. Comments can be submitted via email to email@example.com or by mail to:
P.O. Box 13087
Austin, TX 78711
Draft recommendations are available in PDF for the following water bodies:
Public comments will be accepted until September 11, 2012.
|Public Comment on TCEQ Recommendations||The public will have an opportunity to comment on the TCEQ’s recommendations. The recommendations will be published for comment in:
(1) the Texas Integrated Report,
(2) a Total Maximum Daily Load, or
(3) a revision to the Texas Surface Water Quality Standards.
Instructions for submitting comments will be posted to the Web when the recommendations are published.
Will be published on this Web page when determined.
The RUAA for the Trinity River Basin D/FW streams is available for download. The report is in PDF. Approximate file sizes are shown in parentheses.
- Full Report (21 MB)
- Chapters 1-2 - Introduction; Study Area Overview and Methodology (1 MB)
- Chapters 3-6 - Sycamore Creek - 0806E; Cottonwood Branch - 0822A; Grapevine Creek - 0822B; Copart Branch Mountain Creek - 0841E (7 MB)
- Chapters 7-10 - Cottonwood Creek - 0841F; Dalworth Creek - 0841G; Delaware Creek - 0841H; Estelle Creek - 0841J (7 MB)
- Chapters 11-14 - Fish Creek and North Fork Fish Creek - 0841J and 0841Q; Kirby Creek - 0841N; West Irving Creek - 0841U; References (8 MB)
The RUAA for the West Fork Trinity River is available for download. The report is in PDF. Approximate file sizes are shown in parentheses.
- Full Report (5 MB)
- Surveys (54 MB)
- Photos From Garrett Creek (4 MB)
- Photos From Big Sandy (6 MB)
- Photos From Martin Branch (2 MB)
- Photos From Salt Creek (3 MB)
- Photos From West Fork Trinity River (3 MB)
Additional information on the project is available on the TCEQ's Total Maximum Daily Load Team's Project Website