Houston-Galveston-Brazoria 8-Hour Ozone SIP Modeling (2000 Episode)
The TCEQ is conducting meteorological and photochemical modeling to support controls on ozone pollution under the State Implementation Plan in the Houston-Galveston-Brazoria (HGB) ozone non-attainment area for the eight-hour ozone standard. This page will provide the modeling data files and related documents when they are available.
Files provided here are all undergoing quality assurance and peer review and are subject to change. Visit this Web page frequently to check for updates. If you have any question regarding these files, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "HGB 8-Hour Ozone SIP Modeling Files" in the subject line.
Photochemical Modeling Data Files
CAMx Modeling Domain - map projection, horizontal grid and vertical layer structures.
Air Monitoring Sites - information of air quality and meteorological monitoring sites in HGB area.
Observed Air Quality Data (MS Excel) - O3, NO, NO2, CO, and VOC data from monitoring sites in the HGB area on Aug. 15–Sept. 7, 2000.
CAMx Modeling of August 16 – September 6, 2000 HGB Ozone Episode
- Base Case: camx431_cb4.hgb8h.base1c.pscfoelv1.TCEQuh1_eta_tke
- Baseline Case: camx431_cb4.hgb8h.b2000c.pscfolev1.TCEQuh1_eta_tke
- Future Year 2009 Case: camx431_cb4.hgb8h.f2009h.cs00.TCEQuh1_eta_tke
- Future Year 2012 Case: camx431_cb4.hgb8h.f2012h.cs00.TCEQuh1_eta_tke
Meteorological Modeling Data Files
MM5 Modeling Domain - map projection, horizontal grid and vertical layer structures.
MM5 Modeling of August 16 – September 6, 2000 HGB Ozone Episode
|Run Name||Main Features|
|TCEQuh1||- Grell cumulus schemes for 108, 36, and 12km domains; no cumulus scheme for 4km domain.
- Analysis nudging was used for 108, 36, and 12km domains; observational nudging using profiler data was used for 4km domain.
- MRF PBL scheme.
- RRTM radiation.
- Texas Forest Service (TFS) Landuse data for hgbpa_04km domain.
- Modified NOAH Land-surface model to use TFS Landuse.
|TCEQuh1_eta||- Same as TCEQuh1 except using ETA instead of MRF PBL scheme.
- Modification to the emissivity in NOAH LSM to improve temperature predictions.
- Standard landuse data.
- 4km domain only