Regional Haze: Resources
Many of the following documents and links are in Portable Document Format (PDF).
EPA Questions and answers on regional haze and BART, Additional Regional Haze Questions, September 27, 2006
For more information on the Texas SIP, see the TCEQ’s main SIP Web page.
- Causes of Haze for the Central States, August 2005—The analyses focused on the 20 percent of days with the worst visibility conditions and the 20 percent of days with the best visibility condition at Class I sites during 2000–04.
- Introduction to Visibility (PDF, 79 pp., 3.1 MB), William Malm, NPS
- Big Bend National Park
- Air Quality and Visibility in Big Bend
- BRAVO Study (Big Bend Regional Aerosol and Visibility Observational), two-page fact sheet
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park
Federal Land Manager Environmental Database (FED) Provides an extensive database of environmental information to help Federal Land Managers analyze the air quality and visibility in federally protected areas such as the lands of the National Park Service, the US Forest Service and the US Fish and Wildlife Service.