Criminal History Notification
Criminal Conviction Notification
If you are applying for a new or renewing a license, you must complete a Criminal Conviction Notification form. Only complete this online form if you are renewing an existing license or you have received a letter about your application and need to clear a deficiency.
What to Report
ALL arrests and/or convictions, including cases that may have been deferred or dismissed, must be reported.
- There is no time limit on the convictions and arrests that need to be reported.
- An arrest has occurred any time you have been taken into custody under the authority of law.
- A conviction has occurred any time that you received a court ruling of Convicted, Deferred Adjudication, or Dismissed for an offense for which you were arrested.
Criminal Conviction Notification Submission
Choose one of the links below and complete the form.
- I attest I have no arrests, convictions, deferred adjudications, or dismissals for any court charges above a Class C misdemeanor.
- I attest that I have been arrested or received a criminal conviction.
- I have previously submitted a Criminal Charges/Conviction Attestation with the TCEQ and my criminal history has not changed since my last submission. Note: The TCEQ may request a new attestation for any reason.
Downloadable Criminal Conviction Notification form is also available if you need to submit via fax or email.
Websites to Assist You in Completing the Form
You are not required to use the links below; however, if you do not recall your history or details, you may run a Criminal History Search for yourself and email the results to us (email@example.com), even if the report states that you have no criminal history or if the Search Criteria shows "No Matching Records".
- TxDPS Public Criminal History Search: https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DpsWebsite/CriminalHistory/
- Fingerprint Applicant Services of Texas: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/pages/applicantfingerprintservices.htm
- FAST Fingerprint Pass for an in/out of state state and national criminal history record check. ORI#:TX923679Z
- FAST Out of State Application.
Criminal Background Check Authority and Guidelines
Occupations Code. Title 2. Chapter 53. Subchapter A - D authorizes the TCEQ to consider criminal backgrounds on all applicants attempting to obtain or renew a license. The types of convictions requiring evaluation and the considerations being used to determine eligibility to obtain or renew a license are outlined in the guidance document linked below.
Criminal Background Evaluation
Individuals who believe that they may be ineligible to obtain an initial license due to a conviction or deferred adjudication may request an evaluation of their criminal conviction history prior to applying for the license. To request an evaluation, you may contact our office at (512) 239-6133 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper Criminal Conviction Evaluation form be mailed to you.
Evaluations will not be performed for individuals that already have a TCEQ license or for individuals that are not actively seeking to obtain a TCEQ Occupational license.