Air Dispersion Modeling
June 30, 2014: The TCEQ Air Permits Division has developed draft air quality modeling guidelines to provide staff with a process to evaluate and determine air quality impacts analysis requirements for case-by-case permit reviews. While the focus of the document is on the technical review process, it is available to the regulated community and the public to provide an understanding of air quality impacts analysis requirements and processes that affect air permit applications.
The division is soliciting comments on the draft guidance. Please review the draft guidance and provide comments to Modguide@tceq.texas.gov by no later than August 31, 2014. Comments received will be considered as the draft guidance is finalized. Once final, the guidance will supersede Air Dispersion Modeling Guidelines, RG-25, February, 1999.
If you have any questions about this draft guidance, please contact the TCEQ Air Permits Division at 512-239-1250.
Learn More About Pre-Modeling Procedures
- Pre-Modeling Meeting Checklist – Find out what is required for a pre-modeling meeting.
- Protocol – Find out what is required for a protocol.
Learn More About Modeling Procedures
- Modeling Checklist – Find out what is required for a modeling analysis.
- Guidance – Guidance documents for air dispersion modeling.
- Interim Guidance - EPA guidance with ADMT supplementary guidance for air dispersion modeling.
- Policy Memos - Policy Memos for air dispersion modeling.
- Meteorological Data - Pre-processed meteorological data sets for refined modeling.
- Monitoring Data – Sources of data to be used in developing background concentrations.
- Off Property Source Inventory – Find out how to request a retrieval of off property sources.
- Elevation Data – Find out how to obtain NED data.
- Presentations – Past Trade Fair and Advanced Air Permitting Seminar presentations.
- Toxicology – TCEQ’s Toxicology Division.
- SCRAM – EPA’s modeling resources.
- Modeling Consultants List