Sludge Transporter Registration
To register as a sludge transporter, submit the following forms:
- Core Data Form (TCEQ-10400)
- Sludge Transporter Registration Application (TCEQ-0481). (Help with PDF)
There is a $10 fee for stickers for each vehicle registered due at the time of registration. We also charge an annual fee ranging from $100-$500 based on the amount of waste hauled during the reporting period of June 1 to May 31 of each year.
If you intend to transport sludge wastes into Texas, you must also submit:
- A copy of your written authorization to transport sludge wastes in the state where you pick up that waste. (Check with that state's authorities to find out what authorizations are required.)
- A written statement from the receiver stating they will accept these out-of- state wastes.
If you intend to transport sludge wastes out of Texas, you must also submit:
- A copy of your written authorization to transport sludge wastes in the state where you will be delivering the waste to a receiver (Check with that state's authorities to find out what authorizations are required.)
- A written statement from the receiver stating they will accept these out-of-state wastes.
If you are already registered with the TCEQ as a sludge transporter, you may need these forms:
- Sludge Transporter Registration Amendment Form (TCEQ-00718) Use this form to update the name, address, disposal facilities, and/or vehicles on your registration.
- Annual Summary Report for Transporters of Municipal Sludges and Similar Wastes (TCEQ-00316) Use this form to report the amount of waste hauled. If you need to cancel your registration, fill out this form for the current reporting year and indicate that you would like to cancel your registration, including the last date you hauled waste.
- Application for Temporary Storage of Municipal Sludges (TCEQ-10340) Use this form to register temporary storage for the sludge wastes you transport.
For more details on registration and what forms need to be completed, read the Step-by-Step Guide to Registration, Operating, and Reporting Requirements for Transporting Sludge Wastes in Texas (RG-309). For state rules regarding sludge use, disposal, and transportation, see Title 30, Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 312, Subchapter G, Section 312.149 . Contact us at (512) 239-6413 or email@example.com for questions or assistance.