Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools


Complaint Arrow Questions or Comments:
You are here: Home / Permits, Registrations, and Reporting / Waste Permits / Industrial and Hazardous Waste / Industrial and Hazardous Waste Permits - Class 1 Modification

Industrial and Hazardous Waste Permits - Class 1 Modification

Applying for a Class 1 modification to an existing industrial or hazardous waste permit.

Determine if you need a Class 1 modification of a solid waste permit by reviewing 30 TAC §305.69(k)Exit the TCEQ.

If any changes that apply to you are marked with a superscript 1 in the TAC (i.e., Class 11) , you may need a Class 1ED modification instead.

Please allow 90 days for the TCEQ to process your application. You can find the application forms at Industrial and Hazardous Waste Forms and Other Permitting Information.

What you need to provide to apply for a Class 1 modification:

  • You may need an updated Part A application form (to determine if you need this, see 30 TAC 305 §42(d), §51(a), or §51(b)Exit the TCEQ); if you do need a Part A, include the original, plus 3 full copies.
  • An original of the Part B application plus 3 full copies, consisting of, at a minimum:
      • Section I of the Part B application;
      • Replacement pages for the portions of the application that changed as a result of the modification;
      • If your core data has changed, a completed Core Data Form. (Instructions for completing the Core Data Form).
      • A check for your application fee (the amount is provided on the application). Write your Solid Waste Registration Number on your check.
  • A description of the exact changes to be made to the permit conditions with supporting documents referenced by the permit.
  • An explanation of why the Class 1 modification is needed.
  • Within 7 calendar days after the change is put into effect:
    • Send your fee to:

Financial Administration Division (MC-214)
PO Box 13088
Austin, TX 78711-3088

    • Submit the Part A application, if required, the Part B application, and a copy of the check by certified mail (or other means that establish proof of delivery) to:

Industrial Hazardous Waste Permits Section (MC-130)
PO Box 13087
Austin, TX 78711-3087

  • Within 90 calendar days after the change is put into effect, you must send notice of the modification request by first-class mail to all persons listed in 30 TAC §39.13Exit the TCEQ. The Notice text must include the information required by 30 TAC §39.11Exit the TCEQ and 30 TAC §39.105Exit the TCEQ.
  • If we reject your application for a Class 1 modification, then you must comply with the conditions of your original permit.

Contact us if you have any questions.