Industrial and Hazardous Waste Permits - Class 1ED Modification
Determine if you need a Class 1ED modification, also known as a Class 11 modification, of a solid waste permit by reviewing Title 30, Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Subsection 305.69(k).
Items marked without a superscript 1 (i.e., Class 1) are called Class 1 modifications and have a different administrative process to follow.
Please allow 90 days for the TCEQ to process your application. You can find the application forms at Industrial and Hazardous Waste Forms and Guidance.
What you need to do to apply for a Class 11 modification:
- If applicable and necessary, submit an original updated Part A application form plus 3 full copies (to determine if you need this, see 30 TAC 305 §42(d), §51(a), or §51(b));
- Submit an original Part B application or Permit Application to Store or Process Industrial Nonhazardous Waste, whichever is applicable, plus 3 full copies, and include at least:
- Section I of the application;
- replacement pages for the portions of the application that changed as a result of the modification;
- if your core data has changed, a completed Core Data Form;
- A check for your application fee (the amount is provided on the application). Write your Solid Waste Registration Number on your check.
- A detailed description of the exact changes to be made to the permit conditions with supporting documents referenced by the permit.
- An explanation of why the Class 11 modification is needed.
- Send all of the above items by certified mail or other means that establish proof of delivery to:
- Industrial Hazardous Waste Permits Section (MC-130)
- PO Box 13087
- Austin, TX 78711-3087
- At the same time you submit the permit application, send a letter transmitting a check for the Class 1ED modification fee to the TCEQ Financial Administration Division at the address below. Be sure to refer to the Facility's Solid Waste Registration Number in the transmittal letter.
- Financial Administration Division (MC-214)
- PO Box 13088
- Austin, TX 78711-3088
- Within 90 calendar days after the change is approved by the TCEQ executive director, you must send notice of the modification request by first-class mail to all persons listed in 30 TAC §39.13. The Notice text must include the information required by 30 TAC §39.11 and 30 TAC §39.105.
- If we reject your application for a Class 11 modification, you must comply with the conditions of your original permit.