Municipal Solid Waste Annual Reporting Program
- Requirement to Submit an MSW Annual Report
- How to Submit an MSW Annual Report
- Getting Help to Complete Your MSW Annual Report
Requirement to Submit an MSW Annual Report
Operators of permitted or registered MSW facilities are required by 30 TAC Chapter 330, Subchapter P to report to the TCEQ the types and amounts of waste processed or disposed, and remaining disposal capacity.
Reports are based on the Texas state fiscal year, which runs from September 1 to August 31. Reports for fiscal year 2016, which ran from September 1, 2015, through August 31, 2016, are due November 10, 2016.
The TCEQ analyzes the data provided in these reports and publishes an annual summary report titled Municipal Solid Waste in Texas: A Year in Review (TCEQ publication AS-187). Please visit our MSW Annual Summary web page for links to summary reports for past fiscal years.
How to Submit an MSW Annual Report
Submit MSW Annual Report Online
Submit MSW annual reports online through STEERS (State of Texas Environmental Electronic Reporting System):
- STEERS Login Page
Users without current STEERS accounts will need to create an account to complete the form online. For questions regarding the creation of a STEERS account, please contact the STEERS help line at 512-239-6925 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Instructions and Guidance for Submitting Report Online
This document provides instructions for creating an online MSW annual report and guidance for completing the requested items in the form.
Submit MSW Annual Report Using Hard-Copy Form
If you are unable to submit your MSW annual report online, fill out your report using one of these forms:
- Instructions and Guidance for Submitting Report Using Hard Copy Form
- FY2016 MSW Annual Report Forms:
- Processing Facilities (e.g., transfer station, liquid waste processing, composting, medical waste processing)
- Facilities Recovering Landfill Gas for Beneficial Use
- Codes for Use on Forms
After you complete the report form, print and sign the form, then submit it by one of the following methods:
- E-mail a scanned copy to email@example.com
- Fax to (512) 239-2007, to the attention of the MSW Permits Section
- Regular U.S. Mail, to:
MSW Permits Section
PO Box 13087
Austin TX 78711-3087
- Express Delivery, to:
MSW Permits Section
TCEQ Bldg A Mail Room
12100 Park 35 Circle
Austin TX 78753
Getting Help to Complete Your MSW Annual Report
If you need help completing the annual report, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the MSW Permits Section at (512) 239-2335.