Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools


Questions or Comments:
You are here: Home / Permitting / Wastewater Treatment / General / Hydrostatic Test Water Discharges: Am I Regulated?

Hydrostatic Test Water Discharges: Am I Regulated?

Types of discharges that require an environmental permit and how to determine which kind of permit is needed. Links to pages that explain how to apply for each respective permit.

If you plan to release discharges resulting from the hydrostatic testing of vessels (pipelines, tanks, and other containers) into water in the stateExit the TCEQ you may qualify for coverage under general permit TXG670000Adobe Acrobat PDF Document.  Discharges (resulting from  hydrostatic testing) from the following new and existing vessels are authorized under this general permit.

  • vessels previously containing or transferring raw or potable water, where the water used for hydrostatic tests does not contain corrosion inhibitors, antifreeze compounds, biocides, or other chemical additives (except chlorine)

  • existing vessels that formerly contained only elemental gases (e.g. hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, etc.)

  • existing vessels previously containing product or waste related to refined petroleum products

Please feel free to contact us if you have questions.