Hydrography Maps and Data
Viewers use a map-based user interface to give access to data. These pages are sometimes slow to load.
Atlas of Texas Surface Waters, GI-316
The Atlas depicts the state's classified surface waters, including streams, lakes, bays, and estuaries, as of 2000. The classified segments were established by the TCEQ in the Texas Surface Water Quality Standards.
- Electronic version of printed publication
Order printed copies by phone, fax, or mail. Be sure to reference publication number GI-316.
GIS Data Sets
Data layers for use in ArcGIS. Includes data such as stream, lake, and bay segments; permitted wastewater outfalls; regulatory boundaries; and land use. Some file sizes are large (more than 10 MB) and are therefore may be slow to download or may "timeout" before download is complete.
- Texas Ecoregions - Maps and Data on the EPA website
- Texas Stream Segments, 2010 (certified)
- TCEQ Assessment Units, 2010 (certified)
- 2008 Segments and Impairments (ZIP archives)
These layers are not certified; please see the data disclaimer. Impairment information is associated with each segment under SEGID in the attribute table.
- Spatial Data such as land uses and geopolitical boundaries
Maps in PDF or JPG; help downloading files. Large files (more than 5 MB) are slow to download.
- Texas Classified River Basins (11.3 MB)
- TMDL and I-Plan Watersheds, April 2013
- Watershed Protection Plans, May 2013