Financial Assurance for In Situ Uranium Facilities
Owners or operators are required to provide financial assurance for in situ uranium sites. This money is required for:
- decommissioning, decontamination, demolition, and waste disposal for buildings, structures, foundations, equipment, and utilities;
- surface reclamation of contaminated area including operating areas, roads, wellfields, and surface impoundments;
- groundwater restoration in mining areas;
- radiological surveying and environmental monitoring; and
- long-term radiation and perpetual care account.
Rules regarding this financial assurance can be found in Title 30, Texas Administrative Code (30 TAC), Subchapter L , “Licensing of Source Material Recovery and By-Product Material Disposal Facilities.”
Questions about Uranium and NORM Licensing Program should be directed to our Radioactive Materials Division at 512-239-6466.
Questions and information concerning Financial Assurance and Annual Inflation Adjustments can be found at the following link: https://www.tceq.texas.gov/adminservices/financial-assurance/assurance.html
If you have questions about financial assurance under this program, please contact us.