Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools


Questions or Comments:
You are here: Home / Permitting / Waste Permits / MSW Permits

Municipal Solid Waste Topics

Links to pages with information on municipal solid waste management, public participation, and requirements for obtaining authorization to process or dispose of waste.


Notice:  The TCEQ will no longer accept the old Part I Form for municipal solid waste applications.  Starting April 1, 2014, applicants must use the revised Part I form (revised form TCEQ-0650) for new permits, registrations and amendments.  For permit or registration modifications and temporary authorizations, applicants must use new form TCEQ-20650; for Type IX landfill gas to energy facilities, applicants must use new form TCEQ-20651.  Links to the revised and new forms are available on our web page Apply for or Modify an Authorization for a Facility.



Methods for Managing Municipal Solid Waste

Information About Existing and Proposed Municipal Solid Waste Facilities

Public Participation and Assistance in Municipal Solid Waste Permitting

Municipal Solid Waste Planning and Reporting

Requirements for Owners and Operators of Municipal Solid Waste Processing and Disposal Facilities

Closed Landfills

Municipal Solid Waste Rules

For More Information About Municipal Solid Waste

Contact us if you have questions about municipal solid waste management.