Skip to Content
Questions or Comments:

New Source Performance Standard Subpart OOOO

Forms and reports associated with this oil and gas federal rule must be submitted to the TCEQ.

Where can I get more information?

EPA’s website on Controlling Air Pollution from the Oil and Natural Gas Industry

EPA’s website on Actions and Notices about Oil and Natural Gas Air Pollution Standards

TCEQ's Submitted Comments on EPA's NSPS OOOO

What form must I submit?

The TCEQ has streamlined the process and shortened the form for Well Completion/Flowback Notification

The notification is required by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s New Source Performance Standard (NSPS) Subpart OOOO: Oil and Natural Gas Sector , and the TCEQ is the delegated authority for this rule.

The form is now a shorter, interactive PDF that you can submit to the TCEQ via e-mail. An automatic e-mail response will confirm the agency received the form, and will provide a copy of the submitted form for recordkeeping. A Core Data form is not required.

Companies also have the option to continue to submit the notification through the State of Texas Environmental Electronic Reporting System (STEERS). In the event that STEERS or the e-mail system is unavailable, the paper form may be faxed (512-239-2101) or mailed to the TCEQ.

If you have questions about this form or need assistance, please call the Rule Registrations section at (512) 239-1250.

Where must I submit other notifications and reports?

Mail all other notifications and reports that are required for compliance with NSPS Subpart OOOO and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) Subparts HH & HHH to the TCEQ Regional Office that serves the county in which the site is located. This includes the compressor and sweetening-unit notifications required in section 40 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 60.5420.

What if I have other questions?

You can e-mail your questions about the requirements of NSPS Subpart OOOO and NESHAP's Subparts HH & HHH, including notification, to, or call (512) 239-1250.