Skip to Content
Questions or Comments:

TCEQ Rural Ombudsman

Information on the duties of the TCEQ Rural Ombudsman, plus how and when to contact him.

TCEQ Rural Ombudsman

Jason Robinson
Ph: (512) 239-6710

What does the Rural Ombudsman do?

The ombudsman:

  • Acts as the primary liaison between the TCEQ and small local government representatives, and rural community staff members.
  • Listens to you and discusses your concerns, identifying which part of the agency can help you resolve issues.
  • Partners with entities to promote awareness of TCEQ rules, regulations, and outreach programs in an effort to help communities reach compliance.
  • Brings real-world experience and perspective from working in a small community to the TCEQ for developing policies and rules.
  • Identifies the trends that affect the rural and small cities in cases of enforcement actions and concerns from regulated entities.
  • Educates small cities and rural communities about the TCEQ programs that can help them with compliance issues and new regulations.

When should I contact the Rural Ombudsman?

If you’re an official or employee at a small local government or rural community:

  • who needs help understanding the next step in a compliance matter
  • who needs help navigating the TCEQ’s compliance assistance programs
  • who wonders how a specific action might affect the entity’s operation or compliance status
  • who has already called the TexasEnviroHelp hotline and still needs additional help on a compliance matter

How do I reach the Rural Ombudsman?

Call Jason Robinson directly at (512) 239-6710, or e-mail

How can I stay informed about new regulations?

Sign up for e-mails that update you on changes to TCEQ rules and policies.

Where can I find more information and assistance?

TCEQ's Small Business and Local Government Assistance Section offers free, confidential help to small businesses and local governments working to comply with state environmental regulations. Call us at (800) 447-2827 or visit our Web Page at