>> Questions or Comments: cfrreq@tceq.texas.gov
You are here:

TCEQ Records Services: Request Records from Our Central File Room

Our Central File Room provides storage, maintenance, and access to key agency records, plus file retrievals for the public and agency staff, and arranges for copy service. We have a viewing area, microfilm and microfiche reader/printers, photocopiers, scanners with e-mail capabilities and a full-service customer request counter.

When you require access to public records for:

contact the Central File Room (CFR) Customer Service Center at:

Please Note: If you wish to submit an Open Records Request (under the Texas Public Information Act) or if your request is for any and all documents, current applications, ongoing compliance or enforcement actions or records that are NOT available in the Central File Room, see Open Records Requests.

Once an Open Records Request is placed, it is not necessary to request records through the Central File Room.

Where is the Central File Room?

Central File Room: Building E, Room 103, First Floor
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

See our TCEQ campus map

For information about the Records Services facilities,
please call 512-239-2900.

Our Central File Room maintains only a certain percentage of the agency's records and all other records are kept in our various program offices. Customer service staff will assist in retrieving records currently checked out by program staff. In addition, customer service staff will assist in giving you program-area contacts for any records we do not maintain in the Central File Room.


What Records Can I Get?

Listed below are the types of records that are located in the Central File Room:

Files Available in Hard Copy and Microfilm Formats

Air Quality

  • Air Compliance
  • Air Permits/Exemptions
  • Air Title V
  • Air Portables


  • IHW: Corrective Action Files
  • IHW: Radioactive Waste
  • IHW: Uranium Solution Mining
  • Industrial Hazardous Waste (IHW)
  • Leaking Petroleum Storage Tanks (LPST)
  • LPST Reimbursement Claims
  • Municipal Solid Waste
  • MSW: Composting
  • MSW: Medical Waste Transporters
  • MSW: SUB T
  • MSW: Tires
  • MSW: Used Oil Registrations
  • MSW: Unauthorized Sites
  • Underground Injection Control (UIC)
  • UIC: Class I Waste Disposal Wells
  • UIC: Class III Sodium Sulfate Solution
  • UIC: Class III Sulphur Solution Mining
  • UIC: Class IV Hazardous Injection Wells
  • UIC: Class V Injection Wells
  • Petroleum Storage Tanks
  • Saltwater Disposal
  • Sludge Transporter Stream Monitoring

Water Supply

  • Certificates of Convenience & Necessity (CCN)
    (Includes water utility rate cases)
  • Complaint Files
  • Districts
  • Edwards Aquifer
  • Groundwater Technical Data
    For Well Data contact:
    Texas Water Development Board
    1700 N. Congress, Room 428
  • Onsite Sewage Facilities
  • Public Water Supply
  • Reclamation Engineer
  • Resolutions and Rules
  • Saltwater Disposal
  • Sludge Transporter Stream Monitoring
  • Storm Water General Permits
  • Surface Casing
  • Texas Dam Safety
  • Wastewater General / Water-Masters
  • Water Rights Adjudications, Applications,
    Certified Filings, Claims, Temporary
    Applications, Wattery Supply Contracts
  • Water Well Drillers

Water Quality

  • Agriculture - Unpermitted
  • Dredging Permits & Unpermitted
  • Industrial/Municipal Waste Discharge
  • Sludge
  • Storm Water General Permits
  • Pretreatment
  • Water Quality Protection Zone

Files Available In Microfilm Format Only

  • Superfund - Federal and State
  • Site Discovery and Assessment
  • VCP, Brownfields
  • Innocent Owner/Operator

How Can I Order Copies?

Information requests may be submitted in person, phone, fax, e-mail or regular mail.

  • 512-239-2900
  • 512-239-1850 (fax)
  • cfrreq@tceq.texas.gov
  • by mail:

    Central File Room, Mail Code 213
    PO Box 13087
    Austin, TX 78711-3087