>> Questions or Comments: ac@tceq.texas.gov
You are here:

Priority Calls: Claiming Water Rights

In Texas, the TCEQ administers surface water rights by priority doctrine (first in time, first in right). A senior water right holder (one who has held that right the longest) can make a priority call for water over one with a junior right (one held for a shorter time.) How to make a priority call, and find active and historic calls.