Surface Water Rights and Availability
Water Rights: Permits
- Am I Regulated? Water Rights in Texas
- Applying for a Water Right or to Change Ownership
- Submitting Your Annual Water Use Report
- Pending Water Rights Applications
- Water Rights and Water Use Data
Water Rights: Technical Resources
- Water Availability Models: Directions and GIS Files
- Water Right Permits: Conservation Plans
- Water Right Permits: Drought Contingency Plans
- Environmental Flows: Balancing Water Needs
- Instream Uses and Your Water Right Application
Rules and Regulations
- Water Rights: Procedural (Title 30, Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 295)
- Water Rights: Substantive (30 TAC 297)
- Water Rights Statute (Title 2, Texas Water Code, Chapter 11)
Water use is regulated by watermaster programs in some areas.
TCEQ Regional Offices
Contact a local TCEQ office to submit a complaint or to request temporary use of state water.
Assistance for Small Business and Local Government
Resources specifically tailored to help small business and local governments comply with environmental regulations.