Surface Water Rights and Availability
Meeting on Rulemaking for HB 2031 and HB 4097: Marine Seawater Desalination. Meeting to discuss rulemaking associated with the implementation of HB 2031 and HB 4097.
Water Rights: Permits
- Am I Regulated: Water Rights in Texas
- Applying for a Water Right or to Change Ownership
- Pending Applications
- Submitting Your Annual Water Use Report
- Data about Water Rights and Use
Water Rights: Technical Resources
- Water Availability Models
- Conservation Plans
- Drought Contingency Plans
- Environmental Flows
- Instream Uses Program
Rules and Regulations
Water Rights: Procedural (Title 30, Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 295)
Water Rights: Substantive (30 TAC 297)
Water Rights Statute (Title 2, Texas Water Code, Chapter 11)
Water use is regulated by Wastermasters programs in some areas:
Contact a local TCEQ office to submit a complaint or to request temporary use of state water.
Resources specifically tailored to help small business and local governments comply with environmental regulations.