Air Quality Standard Permit for Sawmills
The Air Quality Standard Permit for Sawmills is authorized under the Texas Health and Safety Code Section 382.05195 , which authorized the commission to issue this standard permit for many similar facilities.
If your facility meets the conditions of this standard permit, you should be able to answer “Yes” to both of these questions:
- Does the sawmill produce no more than 25 million board feet of lumber in any 12-month period?
- Are sawmill equipment and stockpiles located 150 feet from the site property line?
If the sawmill cannot meet the conditions of this standard permit, you may qualify for other permitting options. To review your options, see Types of New Source Review Authorizations.
If your facility complies with the above screening criteria:
- Review the standard permit in PDF (Help with PDF) considering your proposed application for further restrictions and limitations.
- If your facility complies, you may claim this standard permit.
To Claim This Standard Permit
Notify the appropriate TCEQ regional office in writing of this information:
- Facility name and owner
- Mailing address of facility
- Responsible contact
- Whether a drying kiln or boiler is at the site
- Distance of nearest equipment or stockpile to site property line
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions about this or any other standard permit, contact us.