>> Questions or Comments: airperm@tceq.texas.gov
You are here:

Air PBR 106.396: Equipment for Mixing Plastic and Rubber (With Solvent)

Facilities used for mixing plastic and rubber with solvent are permitted by rule if they meet the conditions stated in 30 TAC 106.4 and 106.396. Registration and a fee are required. Record-keeping requirements are discussed.

Roll mills or calenders for rubber or plastics in which organic solvents, diluents, or thinners are used are permitted by rule if they meet the conditions stated in Title 30, Texas Administrative Code (30 TAC), Section 106.396Exit the TCEQ Section 106.4Exit the TCEQ

To find out whether your facility meets the general conditions stated in Section 106.4, complete our PBR Applicability Checklist, TCEQ Form TCEQ-10149.

Claiming a Permit by Rule (PBR; general instructions): Registration of a facility under a PBR can be performed by completing a Form PI-7, “Registration for Permits by Rule” or a Form PI-7-CERT, “Certification and Registration for Permits by Rule.”

Record Keeping

Under 30 TAC Section 106.8Exit the TCEQ

  • a copy of Section 106.4Exit the TCEQ
  • a copy of Section 106.396Exit the TCEQ
  • records documenting compliance with the above rules

These records must be kept on-site and readily available on request for inspection by the TCEQ or any air pollution control program that has jurisdiction. If you have questions about the type of records you should keep, contact the Air Program in the TCEQ regional office that serves your county.

Questions? We Can Help

If you have questions, contact us.