Skip to Content
Questions or Comments:

Air PBR 106.435: Classic or Antique Automobile Restoration Facility

Classic or antique automobile restoration facilities are permitted by rule if they meet the conditions stated in 30 TAC Sections 106.4 and 106.435. No registration or fee is required. Record-keeping requirements are discussed.

“Classic” or “Antique” vehicle restoration facilities (the terms “classic” and “antique” vehicle as determined by the Texas Department of Public Safety Vehicle Inspection and Registration Section under Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 502, Section 502.274 (concerning Classic Motor Vehicles) or Section 502.275 (concerning Certain Antique Vehicles; Offense)) are permitted by rule if they meet the conditions stated in Title 30, Texas Administrative Code (30 TAC), Section 106.435 Section 106.4

To find out whether your facility meets the general conditions stated in Section 106.4, use our PBR Applicability Checklist, form TCEQ-10149

Quick Screen

Before completing the checklists, consider these quick screens:

  • Chassis abrasive blast cleaning and coating must be done in a closed structure that is at least 50 feet from the nearest property line. –or–
  • The unit must be at least 300 feet from the nearest:
      recrational area
      residence, other than that of the facility owner, facility operator, or site owner
      other stucture (except for guard shacks), unless the structure is used by only the facility owner, facility operator, or site owner

If your operation cannot comply with the conditions of this PBR, see Types of New Source Review Authorizations for other options.


This PBR does not require you to register or pay a fee.

Record Keeping

Under 30 TAC Section 106.8, your records must identify the rules under which your facility is operating and demonstrate compliance for a rolling 12-month period. Be sure you keep at least these records:

These records must be kept on site and readily available on request for inspection by the TCEQ or any air pollution control program that has jurisdiction. If you have questions about the type of records you should keep, contact the Air Program in the TCEQ regional office

Questions? We Can Help

If you have questions regarding this guidance please contact us.