Questions or Comments:
You are here:

Air GOP No. 511: Oil and Gas General Operating Permit

Information and documentation pertaining to Air Oil and Gas General Operating Permit No. 511.

NEW GOPs 511, 512, 513, and 514 are being revised. The public comment period is from November 13, 2020 through December 16, 2020. For additional information and to review the draft revisions, go to the Announcements for Title V Operating Permits webpage.

On October 15, 2020, the TCEQ issued renewed Oil and Gas General Operating Permits (GOPs) Numbers 511, 512, 513, and 514. The renewed GOPs were proposed on April 24, 2020, and the public comment period closed on May 27, 2020. Six written comments were received. Please refer to the Statement of Basis for these permits for a more detailed description of the revisions and responses to these comments.

Current permit holders are required to submit an application for a new authorization to operate (ATO), if any of the emission units, applicability determinations, or the basis for the applicability determinations are affected by the revisions in the renewed GOPs. If the revisions in the GOPs do not affect your site, a new ATO is not required. For information on how to submit an application for an ATO, please refer to the GOP Guidance.

Please see the Statement of Basis document linked below for detailed information on the specific changes to the permits.

Any person affected by this action may petition the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to make an objection; petitions must be filed no later than December 14, 2020.

For additional information about these GOPs, please contact the Air Permits Division at (512) 239-1250.

An application to operate (ATO) will be required no later than 90 days after the issuance of the GOP.

Oil and Gas General Operating Permit for Brazoria, Chambers, Collin, Dallas, Denton, El Paso, Ellis, Fort Bend, Galveston, Hardin, Harris, Jefferson, Johnson, Kaufman, Liberty, Montgomery, Orange, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Waller and Wise Counties.

Title V Forms and Guidance Documents

Questions? We Can Help

If you have questions about this or any other GOP, contact us.