>> Questions or Comments: mswper@tceq.texas.gov
You are here:

Transferring Municipal Liquid Waste

If you plan to operate a facility to transfer grease trap waste, grit trap waste, septage, or other similar liquid waste from municipal sources, you must first obtain authorization from the TCEQ. Links to forms and guidance.


Transfer Volume and Type of Authorization Required

Receive More than 32,000 Gallons Per Day

If your facility will receive more than 32,000 gallons per day, you must obtain a permit from the TCEQ under Title 30 Texas Administrative Code (30 TAC), Section 330.7 Exit the TCEQ.

Receive 32,000 Gallons Per Day or Less

If your facility will receive 32,000 gallons per day or less, you must obtain a registration from the TCEQ under 30 TAC 330.9(o) Exit the TCEQ.

Temporary Storage

If your facility is a temporary storage facility that will store 8,000 gallons or less in containers, for a period of four days or less, you must notify the TCEQ in accordance with 30 TAC 330.11(e)(5). Such a facility is not required to follow the requirements of 30 TAC Chapter 330, Subchapter E.

Application Forms and Information

To apply for a permit or registration for a municipal liquid waste transfer facility:

Contact Us

Please contact us if you have questions about municipal liquid waste transfer or processing.