Occupational Licensing Provisions for Veterans and Military Service Members and Spouses
Waived Initial License Application Fee
You may be exempt from the $111.00 application fee for your initial license if you are:
- a military service member or veteran whose military service, training, or education substantially meets all of the requirements for a license; or
- a military service member, veteran, or military spouse who holds a current license issued by another jurisdiction with licensing requirements substantially equivalent to those for the license in Texas.
Extended Deadlines to Renew Your License
A military service member (active duty) who holds a license is entitled to two years of additional time to complete:
- any continuing education requirements; and
- any other requirement related to renewing the license application.
No Penalty for Failure to Renew
A military service member who holds a license is exempt from any increased fee or other penalty imposed for failing to renew the license in a timely manner.
Expedited Application for License
The TCEQ will process and review as soon as practicable an application for license from a military service member, veteran, or military spouse.
Proof of Military Service
To receive these benefits supply the following with your application:
- DD-214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) or DD-220 (Active Duty Report paperwork); and
- Military Affidavit .
For questions contact:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 512-239-6133
- Fax: 512-239-6272
TCEQ Occupational Licensing, MC-178
PO Box 13087
Austin, TX 78711-3087