Occupational Licensing and Registration Requirements for Each License Type
Requirements for Each License Type
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester (BPAT)
- Customer Service Inspector (CSI)
- Landscape Irrigator, Technician and Inspector
- Leaking Petroleum Storage Tank (LPST) Corrective Action Specialist and Project Manager
- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Operator
- On-Site Sewage Systems (OSSFs), Including Septic Tanks
- Smoke School: Visible Emissions Evaluators
- Stage II Vapor Recovery Facility Representative & Approved Training Providers
- Underground Storage Tank Contractors and On-Site Supervisors
- Wastewater Collection Operators
- Wastewater Operators
- Water Operators
- Water System Operating Company
- Water Treatment Specialist (WTS)
Compliance with TCEQ
To receive a new license or registration, or to renew, you must be in compliance with payment of guaranteed student loans, child support payments, and TCEQ fees or penalties.
If you are currently under TCEQ enforcement, you are encouraged to resolve any issues to avoid delays in the renewal of a license or registration.
Maintaining a License
If you are a current license holder you are responsible for:
- Notifying the Austin central office of any address changes within 10 days of the change;
- Obtaining the required Continuing Education. See Renewing a License for details;
- Submitting a renewal application to maintain the license, within required time frame.
- Maintaining personal training records, including: name, date, and location of training course, and name of training provider.
Licenses From Other States
Texas issues licenses of reciprocity on a case-by-case basis with some other states.