Industrial and Hazardous Waste Registration and Reporting Overview
The TCEQ enters all information submitted by industrial and hazardous waste transporters, receivers, generators and one time shippers into a database that tracks industrial and hazardous waste generation and management activities in the state of Texas.
We also enter all information submitted by hazardous waste transporters, receivers, and generators into the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Resource Conservation Recovery Act Information System (RCRA Info). RCRA Info is an EPA database designed to track hazardous waste inspections, violations, enforcement actions, permit assignments, and EPA identification numbers.
The TCEQ coordinates and manages information obtained through the waste receiver report, the waste shipper report, the annual waste summary report (AWS), and the biennial report to the EPA. The biennial report is based on annual waste summary information from large quantity generators and monthly waste receipt summary information from treatment, storage, and disposal facilities.
Staff continually update and clarify notification and reporting forms to help ensure that we are collecting all EPA-required information, that our customers understand the requirements, and that we are not regulating companies or facilities not covered by TCEQ rules.
For additional guidance, we offer the following publications which are available in PDF:
- Classification & Coding of Industrial & Hazardous Waste, Guidelines for the Classification and Coding of Industrial Wastes and Hazardous Wastes (RG-022)
- Volume to Weight Conversion Factors (RG-008)
- Waste Generation Fee (RG-038)
- Can I Recycle Some of My Industrial or Hazardous Waste? (RG-240)
- Managing Paint and Paint-Related Waste under the Universal Waste Rule (RG-370)
- Universal Waste Regulations for Hazardous Lamps in Texas (RG-377)