Skip to Content
Questions or Comments:

Local Government Assistance

Compliance resources for local governments in Texas.


Outdoor Burning

Back to the top of the page Back to top


Public Water Supply


Funding Sources

Back to the top of the page Back to top


Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)

  • Topics – This Web page provides information on MSW management, public participation, and requirements for obtaining authorization to process or dispose of waste.
  • Resources – The Web page provides information on resources for local governments to manage municipal solid waste issues, including illegal dumping and littering
  • Petroleum Storage Tanks (PST) – Owners and operators of PSTs can find regulatory guidance and forms for operators of PSTs on this Web page.
  • Scrap Tires – Information on the collection, processing, recycling, and disposal of scrap tires.
  • Requirements for Used and Scrap Tire Generators
  • Recycling – This Web page provides information on storage limits and recordkeeping and reporting requirements for operations that recycle materials diverted from municipal solid waste streams.
  • Electronics Recycling – This Web page educates consumers, users, and recyclers of electronic products.
  • Composting – This Web page provides information on converting household waste into a rich organic mixture that can be used on potted plants, lawns, gardens, or applied to large tracts of land to prevent pollution and erosion.
  • Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) – Find local contacts, resources, and general information on HHW programs.
  • Disposal of Nuisance or Abandoned Buildings: Compliance Resources

Back to the top of the page Back to top

Compliance Resources

Back to the top of the page Back to top


  • Rules and Rulemaking – View and download current TCEQ rules, find out about rulemaking projects, and read agreements the TCEQ has with other state agencies.
  • Supplemental Environmental Projects (SEPs) – Find information on this Web page about environmentally beneficial projects that a respondent agrees to undertake as part of an agency-initiated enforcement action.
    • Compliance SEPS for Local Governments – Allows certain Local Governments in an enforcement action to perform a SEP to come into compliance with environmental laws or to remediate the harm caused by those violations.
  • Environmental Crime – These resources provide training to local, state, and federal law enforcement officers on criminal environmental violations.
  • Landscape Irrigation – Landscape irrigators can locate licensing requirements and regulations on this website.
  • Occupational Licensing – Learn about the requirements for various occupational licenses issued by the TCEQ.
  • Flood – After the Flood: Is your Water Safe?
  • Dam Safety Program – The TCEQ’s Dam Safety Program monitors and regulates both private and public dams in the state.

Back to the top of the page Back to top