Skip to Content
Questions or Comments:

Air PBR 106.141: Batch Mixers

Batch mixers using drums with a capacity of 27 cubic feet or less for mixing cement, sand, aggregate, lime, gypsum, additives, and/or water to produce concrete, grout, stucco, mortar, or other similar products are permitted by rule if they meet the conditions stated in Title 30, Texas Administrative Code (30 TAC) Sections 106.4 and 106.141. No registration or fee is required. Recordkeeping requirements are discussed below.

Quick Screen

To determine whether your facility qualifies for this PBR, first consider this quick screen:

  • Limit any internal combustion engine used to power the mixer to 25 horsepower or less,
  • Clean up spilled raw materials, waste products, or finished products on a daily basis,
  • Control dust in transfer system, stockpiles, work areas, storage, and truck unloading areas.

If your facility complies with these limitations:

  • To determine whether your facility meets the general conditions stated in Section 106.4, complete our PBR Applicability Checklist, TCEQ Form - 10149.

If your facility cannot comply with the conditions indicated in these checklists, see Types of New Source Review Authorizations for other options.


Starting January 1, 2024, the Aggregate Processing Operations workbook will be required with all registrations under Sections 106.141, 106.143, 106.144, 106.145, 106.146, 106.148, 106.149, and 106.150.

Applications received on or after January 1, 2024 must use Version 1.0 or newer. If this version number does not match the version number listed on the Cover sheet of the workbook, please clear your browser cache or refresh your screen.


Under 30 TAC Section 106.8, your records must identify the rules under which your facility is operating and demonstrate compliance for a rolling 12-month period. Be sure you keep at least these records:

These records must be kept on site and readily available on request for inspection by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) or any air pollution control program that has jurisdiction. If you have questions about the type of records you should keep, contact the Air Program in the TCEQ regional office that serves your county.

Questions? We Can Help

If you have questions, please contact us.