Skip to Content
Questions or Comments:

Air PBR 106.143: Wet Sand and Gravel Production

Wet sand and gravel production facilities are permitted by rule if they meet the conditions stated in 30 TAC Sections 106.4 and 106.143. No registration or fee is required. Recordkeeping requirements are discussed below.

Quick Screen

Any wet sand and gravel production facility that obtains its material from subterranean and subaqueous beds where the deposits of sand and gravel are consolidated granular materials resulting from natural disintegration of rock and stone and whose production rate is 500 tons per hour or less is permitted by rule.

If your facility complies with these limitations:

  • To determines whether your facility meets the general conditions stated in Section 106.4, complete our PBR Applicability Checklist, TCEQ Form - 10149.
  • To determine if your facility meets the specific requirements for this PBR, complete the PBR 106.143 Checklist, TCEQ Form 10105.

If your facility cannot comply with the conditions indicated in these checklists, see Types of New Source Review Authorizations for other options.


Starting January 1, 2024, the Aggregate Processing Operations workbook will be required with all registrations under Sections 106.141, 106.143, 106.144, 106.145, 106.146, 106.148, 106.149, and 106.150.

Applications received on or after January 1, 2024 must use Version 1.0 or newer. If this version number does not match the version number listed on the Cover sheet of the workbook, please clear your browser cache or refresh your screen.


Under 30 TAC Section 106.8, your records must identify the rules under which your facility is operating and demonstrate compliance for a rolling 12-month period. Be sure you keep at least these records:

These records must be kept on site and readily available on request for inspection by the TCEQ or any air pollution control program that has jurisdiction. If you have questions about the type of records you should keep, contact the Air Program in the TCEQ regional office that serves your county.

Questions? We Can Help

If you have questions, please contact us.