Skip to Content
Questions or Comments:

Air PBR 106.354: Iron Sponge Gas-Treating Unit

Iron sponge gas treating unit facilities must meet the conditions stated in 30 TAC Section 106.354 to be permitted by rule. No registration or fee is required. Recordkeeping requirements are discussed.

Note: The Office of the Secretary of State has moved their content to a new server. Please use this link to access Texas Administrative Code Title 30 until TCEQ is able to update the linked content.

Iron sponge gas-treating units are permitted by rule if they meet the conditions stated in Title 30, Texas Administrative Code (30 TAC), Section 106.354 . To qualify for this permit by rule (PBR), your facility must also meet the general conditions stated in 30 TAC Section 106.4 .

To find out whether your facility meets the general conditions stated in Section 106.4, complete our PBR Applicability Checklist, TCEQ Form - 10149.

If your facility cannot comply with the conditions indicated in these checklists, see Types of New Source Review Authorizations for other options.

To determine if your facility meets the specific requirements for this PBR, complete the PBR 106.374 Checklist, TCEQ Form - 10131

Quick Screen

Before completing the checklists, consider these quick screens:

  • The hydrogen sulfide content of the gas stream must be less than 60 pounds per hour.
  • The unit must be at least 1/4 mile from the nearest:
    • recreational area
    • residence, other than that of the facility owner, facility operator, or site owner
    • other structure, unless that structure is used by only the facility owner, facility operator, or site owner


This PBR does not require you to register or pay a fee.


Under 30 TAC Section 106.8 , your records must identify the rules under which your facility is operating and demonstrate compliance for a rolling 12-month period. Be sure you keep at least these records:

These records must be kept on site and readily available on request for inspection by the TCEQ or any air pollution control program that has jurisdiction. If you have questions about the type of records you should keep, contact the Air Program in the TCEQ regional office that serves your county.

Questions? We Can Help

If you have questions about this or any other PBR, contact us:
phone: 512/239-1250