Questions or Comments:
You are here:

Contact and Application Information for the Underground Injection Control Program

Information about applications and how to contact the TCEQ Underground Injection Control Program.

Application Information

How can I find out what regulations apply to my underground injection well?

Find out what type of well you have and link to more information about regulations.

Where can I get an application for an injection well?

Find information at the following pages for deep well injection; for solution mining (uranium, sulfur, sodium sulfate); and for other injection wells, except for wells regulated by the Railroad Commission.

Can I file my application online?

No. At the present time TCEQ only accepts paper applications; however, applicants are encouraged to provide supporting documents in electronic format to assist the permit writer in processing the application.

Do I have to pay an application fee?

Probably, but check the rule requirements. Exit the TCEQ

Contact the UIC Staff

For further questions about underground injection control, you may contact us by:

Phone: 512-239-6466


Mail address:
Underground Injection Control Permits Section
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
PO Box 13087
Austin TX 78711-3087

If you need to visit our offices, find maps of locations at:
TCEQ Office locations