Skip to Content
Questions or Comments:

Water Discharges from Petroleum Bulk Stations and Terminals: Am I Regulated?

Find out if your petroleum bulk station or terminal needs coverage under General Permit TXG340000 or an individual permit to discharge stormwater and facility wastewater.

TCEQ renewed the Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination Systems General Permit No. TXG34000, with an effective date of October 24, 2022.

Facilities Likely to be Regulated

This permit regulates discharges of facility wastewater, contact stormwater, and stormwater associated with industrial activities into or adjacent to water in the state from petroleum bulk stations and terminals.

You may be eligible for coverage under this general permit if you operate a Petroleum Bulk Station and Terminal and plan to release one or more of the following to water in the state of Texas:

  • Stormwater that comes into contact with any raw material, product, byproduct, co-product, intermediate, or waste material.

  • Wastewater, also known as "facility or process wastewater", that does not include domestic sewage.

Next Steps

If you think after reading the permit that this general permit might be appropriate for you, continue to Apply for Coverage under the Petroleum Bulk Stations and Terminals General Permit TXG340000 to learn more and see how to apply.

If you don't qualify for coverage under the general permit, you may require an individual permit for any discharge released.

If you have any questions, please see our Contact Page.