Hazardous Waste: The Permit Process
Requirements and procedures for obtaining permits related to the management of hazardous wastes.
If you are required to obtain a hazardous waste permit under state rules, you will start the permitting process by doing the following:
- Contact TCEQ staff well before you apply for the permit. (This is not a requirement, but is highly recommended.) Our staff will help you determine:
- whether you need a permit
- if so, what type
- what information you must include in your permit application package
- Complete and submit a permit application package. A typical permit application package includes these items:
- an original and three copies of the Part A application, available in MSWord, or PDF format
- the original and three copies of the Part B application available in MS Word, or PDF format. Please note that the Completeness/Administrative and Technical Evaluation Checklist RCRA Part B Application in (Microsoft Word), or in (Adobe Acrobat PDF) is used by IHW permits staff to determine completeness of the Part B application
- six additional copies of “Section I: General Information” of the Part B application
- preprinted mailing labels for adjacent landowners or an electronic mailing list on compact disc in Microsoft Office Word 2007 format
- a completed Core Data Form ( Instructions for completing the Core Data Form)
- Send the check (payable to the TCEQ) for your application fee to the TCEQ Financial Administration Division. (You will include a copy of this check in the Part B application.)
Contact us if you have any questions.